- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Ready Time: 1 days
Make dill pickles fresh from the cucumbers in your garden or from the farmers market. This recipe is quick and can be stored in your refrigerator for up to a month. It is tempting to try your pickles right away, put them in the fridge and wait 24 hours. This recipe makes 2 Mason jar quarts.
- 4-6 Cucumbers, Sliced into rounds or spears
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 5 Fresh dill sprigs
- 1 quart(s) Filtered Water
- 1/2 quart(s) White Vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) Sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Pickling Salt
- Wash all vegetables and jars thoroughly.
- Slice cucumber ends off to discard them and then cut into either spears or thin rounds.
- Add 2 cloves of garlic, 2-4 sprigs of dill (if you have dill seed or dill weed this will also work substitute accordingly), and 1 tsp of peppercorns to the Mason jars.
- Pack Mason jars with cucumbers.
- Boil the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar stirring often
- Let the brine cool then pour into the jars on top of the vegetables.
- Put into the refrigerator after the jars have cooled
- Wait at least 24 hours and enjoy!