Natural Sleep Massage Oil with the reCAP Pump
Find it hard to unwind after a stressful day? Give yourself a foot massage! A soothing foot massage will help the body relax and improve blood circulation. These, in turn, will encourage restful sleep especially when combined with our aromatic DIY Sleep Oil. Using common household ingredients, you can easily make your own Sleep Oil. This natural remedy is amazingly effective and one of my favorites. It also makes a great gift.
What You'll Need:
1 cup olive oil
½ cup coconut oil
¼ tsp (25 drops) Bergamot essential oil
½ tsp (50 drops) Lavender essential oil
½ tsp (50 drops) Sandalwood essential oil (or Cedarwood)
1 pint Mason Jar with reCAP PUMP
1. Place the olive oil and coconut oil into a blender and blend together on high.
2. Turn the blender speed to low and add the essential oils.
3. Pour into a Mason jar and screw on the reCAP PUMP.
Your sleep oil is ready to use! Keep it close to your bed and massage onto feet, cover with socks, and prepare for dreamland. The large pores in your feet allow the essential oils to quickly absorb and help you relax. It is also useful for massaging into sore muscles. Makes 12 ounces.
These single note essential oils are staples for aromatherapy and can be used in many applications. If you’re new to using essential oils, these three are a good start. Common benefits are soothing stress, anxiety and insomnia*.
Essential Oil/Aroma/ Benefit*
Bergamot: Citrus. Uplifting & Relaxing. Mood stabilizing.
Lavender: Floral. Calming. Helps calm a worried mind.
Sandlewood: Earthy. Centering. Soothes restlessness.
BOOST the benefit with a foot bath!
- Fill a bucket, bin or tub, with warm water to cover feet above the ankle.
- Add ½ cup of Epsom Salts.
- Massage feet with Sleep Oil.
- Place feet in the foot bath and soak for 15-20 minutes.
- When done, pat dry, no need to repeat. Epsom salts relieves muscle tension, pain, and inflammation in joints. Plus, it neutralizes foot odor!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
Products and information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent ANY disease. A decision to use/not use this information is the sole responsibility of the reader.