- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Ready Time: 1 days
Apple butter can be made at any time of year but is most delicious when apples are picked at the peak of their flavor. This can be both canned or put into the refrigerator. Using an Instant Pot for part of this recipe will cut your cooking time in half.
Use any mixture of apples you prefer!
- 12 pound(s) Equal Parts Honey Crisp, Jonagold, and Golden Delicious, Peeled, Cored and Sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cup(s) White Sugar
- 1 cup(s) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon(s) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground Cloves
- 1 teaspoon(s) Ground Allspice
- Peel and core apples, then slice into fourths or sixths.
- Add apple slices and all ingredients to the Instant Pot.
- Set vent to sealing then set it to high pressure at 10 minutes.
- Let the pressure release for 5 minutes then vent and let the steam release and then remove lid.
- Let mixture cool a bit and blend it until smooth. BE CAREFUL as this can be quite hot.
- Add mixture to slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours to caramelize it.
- Put hot apple mixture into sterilized half-pint or pint Mason jars.
- Leave headspace space of about 1/4 inch of top of jar. Wipe jar rim removing any food residue. Place jars into canning pot. Make sure that all jars are covered by at least one inch of water. Cover canner and bring water to a boil. At altitudes up to 1000 ft, to process boil filled jars for 10 minutes.
- After pulling Mason jars out of water cool upright, undisturbed 24 hours. Don’t retighten the bands.
Leave a Reply