Peppermint Sugar Scrub in a Mason Jar
This sugar scrub smells like a cozy holiday candle and will hydrate even the driest of winter skin. It is so easy and quick to whip up. You’ll want to give this scrub to everyone on your list!
These days it seems that holiday gift lists are ever-expanding, and the more the merrier! For anyone on a budget, looking for gifts that are quick and inexpensive is regular. Yet, it is essential to ensure that they still thoughtful and sweet. That’s when we at reCAP® Mason Jars stumbled across this DIY recipe and were excited to share it with our fellow Mason jar fanatics!
What makes this recipe nice and easy is that you probably have most of the ingredients for this scrub on hand in your cabinets already. Coconut oil - an effective essential oil for winter skin - serves as the base of this scrub, along with peppermint oil and sugar. After a quick run to the supermarket to grab a fresh sprig of rosemary and some candy cane chocolate, get ready to create!
What you will need:
• 1 Cup of Sugar
• 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil (warmed and melted)
• 15 Drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
(or about 3 round peppermint candies, melted)
• a regular mouth Mason jar
*A plastic jar is an even better shatter-proof solution for usage in baths & showers
• a reCAP® FLIP
Optional Decorations: A sprig of pine or rosemary, holly berries, twine, ribbon
1. Simply mix 1 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil together in a large bowl.
2. Add 15 drops of peppermint essential oils and mix well with a spoon.
3. Once it is all mixed together, pour it in your Mason jar and cap it off with a reCAP® FLIP for easy application and storage!
4. For extra holiday cheer, add a candy cane and a sprig of rosemary to your jar using a ribbon or some twine.