Skip To The Content Buy The Products Used In This How To
Giftable Potpourri in a Mason Jar
August 16, 2021 by Kelsey
The aroma of simmering fruits and spices will bring the holidays full circle in your home. Using apples, oranges, cranberries, cloves, and cinnamon sticks this is the perfect homemade gift to give to anyone from friends, family, mail people, or anyone you might want to make a homemade gift for.
- 2 Apples
- 1 Orange
- 1 Cup Cranberries
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 TBSP whole cloves
- 1 Sprig of Pine
- Dry apples, oranges, and cranberries
- Preheat oven to 200°F
- Slice apples and oranges into thin slices and sprinkle with cinnamon
- Put apples, oranges, and whole fresh cranberries onto a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for 2 hours, flip the fruit and cook for another 1.5 - 2 hours until dry
- Add a layer of dried apples to the bottom of a Pint Mason jar
- Layer on oranges
- Add a second layer of apples
- Put in cinnamon sticks and cloves
- Add a sprig of fresh pine if you have it available for some holiday cheer (optional)
Directions for the person who receives your gift:
- Pour jar into a medium saucepan filled with water
- Simmer water + enjoy the smell!
- Pro tip: Watch the water level, and add water to your saucepan as needed so your ingredients don't burn to the bottom, from firsthand experience this is not pleasant.
We found other products you might like!