Sign up for our Newsletter to receive new DIY projects and recipes, coupons, and a first look at new products!
Skip To The Content Buy The Products Used In This How To
Homemade Chemical-Free Spring Cleaning Recipes
December 15, 2017 by Mason Jars Company
Learn how to spring clean naturally with common kitchen ingredients such as lemons, salt, baking soda, vinegar and essential oils. Inludes tips and suggestions for organic spring cleaning. Transform your Mason jars into sprayers with the reCAP ADAPTA!
The arrival of spring gives most of us a renewed sense of motivation. As the rain washes away the gray of winter outside, it’s the perfect time to wash away the accumulated dust and dirt inside. Luckily we've brought to you sensible solutions for DIY spring cleaning.
Here are a few ways to use the reCAP Adapta around the house:
1. For a Spotless Refrigerator
If you don't have the organic cleaning concentrate, you can make your own DIY cleaning solution! Use a baking soda and water mix (1 tablespoon of baking powder per cup of water) or a mild soap and water mix (aim for unscented, natural soaps) to wash the shelves and bins. For tougher-to-remove stains, a mixture of vinegar can be used.
2. For Streak-free Windows
What’s great about the Clean-up-Kit’s fiber cloth is that it will clean your windows and mirrors without leaving streaks! If you’re using your own DIY solution and another type of cloth, be sure to pick a cloudy day to wash your windows. If it's too sunny, most cleaning solutions will dry too fast and create streaks.
3. For Shiny Surfaces
Instead of using vinegar-based a DIY cleaning solution, castile soap is a safer option to use on multiple surfaces, such as granite and marble. (Always test cleaners first on a small area first before applying to a greater surface area.)
4. For Stainless Steel
Make your stainless steel sparkle again using a mixture of mineral oil and vinegar. Instructions here.
Other Cleaning tips:
5. One of the best ways to get rid of lime buildup around the faucet it is to lay paper towels over the fixture then soak it with vinegar. Let it set for an hour, and the deposits will soften and become easier to remove.
6. You can clean screens with a scrap of carpeting! It makes a powerful brush that removes all the dirt.
7. If your drapes are looking drab, take them out of the window, remove the hooks and run them through the air-fluff cycle in the dryer along with a wet towel (to draw off the dust) for 15 minutes. Hang them back in the windows immediately.
8. Sometimes comforters, blankets and pillows don't need to be cleaned, but they do need to be aired out after a long winter in your closed-up home. Take them outside and hang them on a clothesline for a day.
Ready to get cleaning? Put your Adapta sprayer on your Mason jar, and let’s get to work!
Meet Mason Jars Company , Makers of reCAP®
We create solutions that enrich your life. The original reCAP products are the world's first multi-purpose Mason jar caps and are Made in America!