Chinese fried rice is a brilliant way to transform leftover rice and a few fresh ingredients into something delectable. This recipe provides a basic blueprint with lots of opportunity to customize based on your tastes and what you have in the fridge. Whether or not you have a wok, you'll want to use a Frywall so you can stir and mix without making a mess.
Chicken Fried Rice
October 19, 2018 by Yair Reiner
- Ready Time: 15 mins
Chicken Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoon(s) neutral oil, like canola or grapeseed
- 6 scallions, chopped, with the white and green parts separated
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, cored and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced ginger, or to taste
- 1 cup(s) peas, defrost if frozen
- 4 cup(s) cooked white rice, cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) white wine or water
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 2 cup(s) dark or white meat chicken, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat a 12" skillet or wok, position a correct sized Frywall, and add one tablespoon of oil.
- When the oil begins to shimmer or smoke, add the white part of the scallions, bell pepper and carrots.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften and begin to brown. Remove the vegetables and place in a bowl.
- Cook the chicken in the skillet for about five minutes, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown and feels slightly "springy" to the touch. Add the peas just long enough for them to warm up, then remove the chicken and peas to the bowl with the vegetables.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and cook the garlic and ginger for a few seconds until their aroma is released.
- Add the eggs and scramble until thoroughly cooked. Add the rice, stirring and pressing the clumps until the grains separate.
- Add the chicken and vegetables back into the skillet with the rice and egg. Stir in the wine, soy sauce, and sesame oil, cooking and stirring for another minute or two.
- Add the green parts of the scallion, and serve!
- 请享用。(Enjoy your meal!)
Meet Yair Reiner , CEO
Yair lives and works in Brooklyn, NY with his wife (a veterinarian) and two young daughters. Before inventing Frywall, Yair traipsed through a variety of vocations, including in finance, radio production, and book editing.