Brew Your Own Kombucha in Mason Jars
March 27, 2020 by reCAP®
Brew Your Own ‘Bucha in Mason jars
- 2-4 tea bags or 1/4 cup loose tea (avoid herbal, infused, & flavored teas)
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 piece of SCOBY (Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast)
- 1 quart Mason jar
- 1 coffee filter, paper towel, or tightly woven cloth
- 1 rubber band or string
- 1 canning lid and band
- 3 cup(s) water
- Boil water and pour into quart jar.
- Stir sugar into water with wooden spoon until dissolved.
- Add tea bags/loose tea and let sit for about 15 minutes or until it is cooled to room temperature.
- Add a piece of SCOBY (Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast).
- The larger the piece, the faster the fermenting takes place.
- Cover jar with coffee filter, paper towel, or tightly woven cloth. Secure with rubber band or string.
- Let ferment 7-10 days at room temperature out of direct sunlight.
- For flavoring, remove SCOBY, add desired flavoring (juice, fruit, etc), cover with a canning lid/band Let sit for a second fermentation period (7-10 more days).
Meet reCAP® , The Original Multipurpose Lid
We create solutions that enrich your life. The original reCAP products are the world's first multi-purpose Mason jar caps and are Made in America!