Effective January 1, 2016, a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) on all reCAP Mason Jars (RECAP) products will be in effect. International accounts must reflect pricing as translated into their local currency.
RECAP has been building a brand of strong recognition and a high perceived value since launching our first cap in 2012. By not adhering to the established Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) a reseller can have a dramatic effect of diminishing or detracting from the perceived value of the RECAP brand and its products. The internet, with its worldwide impact, has the possibility to cause great harm to any companies’ products, if they are advertised at prices that will eliminate any legitimate retail competition. Our MAP pricing policy is intended for consumers to purchase from other resellers based on loyalty and customer care expectations. Therefore, if RECAP agrees to allow your company to sell its products, you will need to agree and abide by the following requirements and restrictions.
The MAP policy shall work under the following guidelines:
1) The Minimum Advertised Price for any RECAP product shall not be less than 10% below the current Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) as published on the RECAP price sheet. MAP pricing is established by RECAP and may be adjusted by RECAP at its sole discretion.
2) The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of RECAP products in any and all media, including, but not limited to, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, Internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage.
3) The MAP policy is not applicable to: 1) Any in-store advertising that is displayed only in the store and not distributed to any customer(s) outside of their store. 2) Any email newsletters sent to your customer database.
4) If pricing is displayed in other than a brick and mortar retail store, any strike-through or other alteration of the Minimum Advertised Price is prohibited unless pre-approved by RECAP.
5) Negotiated Contracts: From time to time it may be explicitly approved by RECAP in writing to sell certain RECAP products at below MAP pricing. The discount amount and length of time will be determined at the time of this approved promotion by RECAP.
6) MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within the resellers retail location or over the telephone.
7) MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices.
8) RECAP's MAP policy does not in any way limit the ability of any reseller to advertise that “they have the lowest prices” or, they “will meet or beat any competitors price”, that consumers should “call for a price” or phrases of similar import as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not less than MAP.
9) Reseller agrees to hold all trademarks and copyrights of RECAP as the property of RECAP and use advertising materials provided by RECAP in an authorized manner only.
10) Intentional or repeated failure to abide by this policy will result in termination of resellers right to sell RECAP. RECAP does not intend to do business with dealers or resellers who degrade the image of RECAP and its products. It is RECAP’s sole discretion whether or not to provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking any action under this policy.
11) RECAP may run a sale from time to time and in such case the MAP will be the same as the sale price on those particular items and on those particular dates. RECAP will send out a notice in advance with details of the special.
12) RECAP eBooks may be advertised as free, provided there is no obligation on the customer to make any other purchase unless stipulated by RECAP.
MAP Agreement Confirmation
This MAP policy has been established by RECAP to help ensure the legacy of RECAP as a top producer of Mason jar accessories and to protect the reputation of its name and products. The RECAP MAP policy is part of the general wholesale terms and conditions. All online orders and acknowledged purchase orders will bind the reseller to abide by the MAP and reseller requirements spelled out in this document. Email receipt of the MAP Policy indicates your understanding of this policy and your willingness to abide by its terms and conditions.