Posted by Jade on February 02, 2017
The Dole Cup Hack
Snag an empty Dole Cup and repurpose it as a salad dressing container! A Dole Cup fits perfectly in a wide mouth Mason jar. Use it to keep your dry and wet foods separate or visa versa. Aside from containing salad dressing, you can fill it with a variety of toppings such as nuts, fruits, cheeses, and sauces. Cap it off with a reCAP FLIP or POUR for a low profile, no-spill solution. Check out our Dole Cup hack in action:
The salad to the left was created by reCAP super fan, Karen Mele!
Fiesta Chicken Salad: A fiesta in a Mason jar!
Featuring reCAP Mason jar lids and the Dole Cup hack
Tired of your standard salad for lunch? Take a tasty fiesta to-go in a Mason jar!
One of the keys to maintaining a healthy salad regime is to keep it interesting. Change up your salad ingredients, flavors, and textures to add some variety. With plenty of fresh veggies, crunchy add-ons, and lean protein, this Fiesta Chicken Salad is tasty, filling, and loaded with protein! Prep a few ahead of time to keep in your refrigerator for the busy week ahead.
Chicken Fiesta Salads
Fills 4 Pint-sized Mason jars
1 cup of your favorite salsa
4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
12 ounces cooked, diced Southwestern-seasoned chicken
1 cup black beans (from a 15-ounce can), drained and rinsed
1 cup corn (can use fresh, frozen, or canned & drained)
1 cup halved grape (or cherry) tomatoes
1 cup (4 ounces) Fine shredded Mexican Cheese
4 (16 ounce/pint-size) Mason jars
4 Dole Cups or 1 Dole Cup and an extra Mason jar with reCAP POUR
Optional: A few handfuls of crushed tortilla chips
1. Cook your taco seasoned chicken before hand, or buy pre-made Mexican chicken in the frozen foods section of your grocery store.
2. Add ingredients to your Mason jars, layering in the following order: chicken, black beans, corn, cheese, tomatoes and lettuce. Add some crushed tortilla chips on top of the lettuce. Be sure to leave a little extra space at the top for your Dole Cup.
3. Pour Salsa into Dole Cups, or store extra salsa in a Mason jar capped with a reCAP POUR.
4. Rest the Dole Cup on top of the lettuce.
5. Cap off your Mason jar salad creation with a reCAP Mason jar lid to take it TO-GO!
Have a great week,