Posted by Jade on 24th Apr 2017
Homemade Dog Treats: Perfect for the reCAP FLIP!
Making your own homemade dog treats can be a fun activity for you and a tasty reward for your dog! With ingredients like peanut butter and bacon, these dog biscuit recipes are sure to have tails wagging. What’s nice about making treats yourself is that you can select organic, healthy ingredients. (No fillers or additives here!)
When you're done baking, use a Mason jar capped with a reCAP FLIP for a convenient dog treat container! The FLIP lets you easily shake treats out into the palm of your hand.
Soft-baked, Peanut Butter and Bacon Glazed Dog Treats
serves: 30 large dog treats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, and oil in a bowl. Add in baking soda and whole wheat flour. Stir until a stiff dough forms. Knead dough or mix just until flour is incorporated.
3. Roll out dough with a rolling pin and use a small cookie cutter to cut out dog bone shapes, or just bake into little circles like cookies. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Whisk the bacon grease and peanut butter until very smooth. Drizzle over the treats and cool till glaze hardens.
5. When the treats have cooled, add them to your Mason jar capped with a reCAP FLIP.
1. Cold brew coffee protein drink by Daniel Cook2. Green Smoothie by thebarefootceliac3. Sauerkraut by Fran Haapanen4. Wild Garlic Kimchi by Annette at 2tech5. Rainy day Kids EXPLORE session by the Van Riper Family6. DIY Cleaning Solution by Seacoastmama7. Pizza party by Ruth Merriam8. Tadpole adventures by Annette at 2techWhat are our reCAP fans up to this spring? Everything from catching [...]
Here’s a cost effective and nifty add-on to your Mason jar Salads and a few recipes! Featuring the reCAP POUR and FLIP Mason jar lids. The Dole Cup Hack Snag an empty Dole Cup and repurpose it as a salad dressing container! A Dole Cup fits perfectly in a wide mouth Mason jar. Use it to keep your dry [...]
Featuring reCAP® POURs and FLIPsFilled with festive holiday treats, the humble Mason jar can transform into a thoughtful, versatile, and eco-friendly holiday gift. Cap your gift off with a reCAP FLIP or POUR and it can be repurposed long after the contents are consumed and the holiday decorations are tucked away. With dozens of Mason jar related gift ideas on the [...]
Yum This sweet and tangy vinaigrette pairs nicely with salads that call for strong cheeses and grilled meats. You can also use as a marinade or dipping sauce, too! Shake, Pour, & Store with The Original reCAP! White Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette ingredients: -1/4 cup olive oil -3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar -1 tsp. white fig preserves -juice from 1/2 lemon -salt and pepper to [...]
Yum A charming twist on a holiday classic, this delicious smoothie will boost your spirit and keep you moving! Pear Cardamom Egg Nog Smoothie ingredients: - 2 cups Egg Nog (soy or dairy) - 2 pears (preferably Bosc, peeled, cored, and cubed) - 1/2 to 1 cup of ice (per your preference) - 2 pinches of cardamom - 1 tbsp. protein powder - chia [...]
Our March featured recipe came to us from Whitney Beery of CBS’s The American Baking Competition - “Sticky Toffee Pudding with Whiskey Sauce” – made right in Mason jars! So if you’re looking for a spirited dessert, look no further than Whitney’s blog at appletondesserts.com! Shake, pour, and store that delicious whiskey sauce [...]
Yum Everyone has their version of this savory and very green dressing, whose origin dates back to the Palace Hotel in 1923 as a tribute to the play, The Green Goddess. Full of vitamin packed ingredients, this tangy herb dressing adds a colorful zip and zing to salads, veggies, and sandwiches. Shake, pour, and store this recipe using The Original reCAP [...]
Yum Sophisticated and sweet with just enough edge, The Presidential pairs perfectly before or after a meal fit for a President! reCAP Mason Jars makes it easy to shake, pour, and store (and chill) your favorite cocktails and spirited concoctions. *Ingredients: 2 oz. Whiskey 1 oz. Grand Marnier Juice from half an orange Orange slices (from the other half) Cola Ice *Directions: Begin by adding [...]
Special thanks to Effie Sahihi of CBS's The American Baking Competition for sharing her "Sweetie Pies in a Jar" - this month's featured recipe! Effie shares in our passion for Mason jars - possibilities are endless! You can keep up with all of Effie's sensational creations at lawsofbaking.com. From http://lawsofbaking.com/sweetiepies/:Okay, remember that [...]