Posted by Jade on 24th Apr 2017
Homemade Dog Treats: Perfect for the reCAP FLIP!
Making your own homemade dog treats can be a fun activity for you and a tasty reward for your dog! With ingredients like peanut butter and bacon, these dog biscuit recipes are sure to have tails wagging. What’s nice about making treats yourself is that you can select organic, healthy ingredients. (No fillers or additives here!)
When you're done baking, use a Mason jar capped with a reCAP FLIP for a convenient dog treat container! The FLIP lets you easily shake treats out into the palm of your hand.
Soft-baked, Peanut Butter and Bacon Glazed Dog Treats
serves: 30 large dog treats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, and oil in a bowl. Add in baking soda and whole wheat flour. Stir until a stiff dough forms. Knead dough or mix just until flour is incorporated.
3. Roll out dough with a rolling pin and use a small cookie cutter to cut out dog bone shapes, or just bake into little circles like cookies. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Whisk the bacon grease and peanut butter until very smooth. Drizzle over the treats and cool till glaze hardens.
5. When the treats have cooled, add them to your Mason jar capped with a reCAP FLIP.
1. Cold brew coffee protein drink by Daniel Cook2. Green Smoothie by thebarefootceliac3. Sauerkraut by Fran Haapanen4. Wild Garlic Kimchi by Annette at 2tech5. Rainy day Kids EXPLORE session by the Van Riper Family6. DIY Cleaning Solution by Seacoastmama7. Pizza party by Ruth Merriam8. Tadpole adventures by Annette at 2techWhat are our reCAP fans up to this spring? Everything from catching [...]
The arrival of spring gives most of us a renewed sense of motivation. As the rain washes away the gray of winter outside, it’s the perfect time to wash away the accumulated dust and dirt inside. Luckily reCAP has sensible solutions for DIY spring cleaning- The reCAP Adapta Sprayer and Clean-up Kit ! The Adapta sprayer itself [...]
Included in our Fermenting Starter Kit, Himalayan pink salt is ideal for fermenting. Full of natural vitamins and minerals, it both flavors your ferments and provides a whole host of benefits. Read on to learn more, or grab a kit and start fermenting! All About Pink Himalayan Salt (Excerpt from Healthy and Natural World) Himalayan salt is often marketed as coming from [...]
Sugar, fats, protein, fiber…Feel full longer and fuel your brain with the correct smoothie ingredient ratio. If you’re like I was, you dump in whatever veggies and fruits seem tasty for the day and hit “blend.” Although smoothie making isn't an exact science, there are a few guidelines to be aware of to ensure your [...]
Featuring the reCAP POUR Mason jar lid and Bormioli Mason jarMake the special lady in your life feel appreciated. A great DIY Mason jar gift for spouses, teachers, and moms!To me, Valentine’s day has always been about showing the special people in my life that they are loved and appreciated. Rather than buying a shiny [...]
Ready to hop on the fermentation bandwagon but don’t know where to start? Never fear! With the right tools, fermentation can be quite easy! Just grab a reCAP Fermenter, a Mason jar, and a POUR Mason jar lid to start creating good-for-you ferments. Or, get all the tools needed in our Fermentation Starter Kit. As a fermentation newbie myself, I [...]
Celebrate National Soup Month and sip some soup on-the-go in Mason jars capped with reCAP Mason jar lids! We’ve found soup recipes and tips to help you reach your #healthgoals in 2017.With January’s health resolutions in full swing, now is the perfect time to both celebrate National Soup Month and start meal prepping! Loaded with proteins, [...]
Erie, PA (1/17/2017) — reCAP® Mason Jars, creator of the original reCAP POUR and FLIP Mason jar lids, announces a revolutionary fermentation solution: Introducing the reCAP Fermenter, the world’s easiest waterless air lock that works with Mason jars.With the popularity of fermenting foods at home in Mason jars on the rise, CEO Karen Rzepecki spotted an [...]
Picture: Winter Buddha Bowl by ThatCleanLIfeWith a new year comes new food possibilities. From Kombucha to Buddha bowls, many diverse and tasty healthy foods can fill your Mason jar this year. Remember to take these "to-go" with our FLIPS or POURS!Here are the top 10 food trends of 2017:(Number 10 is our favorite!) 1. Seaweed as the new [...]